NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Rudolph J. Cecera Sr., a lifelong New Rochelle resident, died Dec. 24. He was 86.
He was born Feb. 2, 1926, in New Rochelle to Anthony and Ursula Cecera. He served in the Navy during World War II. He later worked as a letter carrier for the U.S. Postal Service.
His wife of 30 years, Clementine Cecera, died March 9, 1999. He is survived by two sons, Rudolph J. Cecera Jr. and Nicholas Benevento; a daughter, Anne Benevento; and three grandchildren.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle. Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel and Sisto and Paino Inc. is handling arrangements.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Faulty Gas Line Closes New Rochelle High School Tuesday
- 3 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Drunk Driver Who Slammed Into New Rochelle Building Tops Week’s News
- 5 John J. Imperioli, 78, Retired Captain, New Rochelle Fire Department