NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Rudolph J. Cecera Sr., a lifelong New Rochelle resident, died Dec. 24. He was 86.
He was born Feb. 2, 1926, in New Rochelle to Anthony and Ursula Cecera. He served in the Navy during World War II. He later worked as a letter carrier for the U.S. Postal Service.
His wife of 30 years, Clementine Cecera, died March 9, 1999. He is survived by two sons, Rudolph J. Cecera Jr. and Nicholas Benevento; a daughter, Anne Benevento; and three grandchildren.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle. Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel and Sisto and Paino Inc. is handling arrangements.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire