NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Rudolph J. Cecera Sr., a lifelong New Rochelle resident, died Dec. 24. He was 86.
He was born Feb. 2, 1926, in New Rochelle to Anthony and Ursula Cecera. He served in the Navy during World War II. He later worked as a letter carrier for the U.S. Postal Service.
His wife of 30 years, Clementine Cecera, died March 9, 1999. He is survived by two sons, Rudolph J. Cecera Jr. and Nicholas Benevento; a daughter, Anne Benevento; and three grandchildren.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle. Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel and Sisto and Paino Inc. is handling arrangements.
- 1 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 2 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit