NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Rosa Aiello, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died July 1. She was 85.
Aiello was born Nov. 9, 1928, in Calabria, Italy, to Pasquale and Rosa (Bonganzona) Sestito.
Aiello is survived by her husband, Nicola; children, Anna Bulfamante (Dominick), Maria Griffo (Vincenzo), Pasquale Aiello (Janette) and Lidia Salandra (Emilio); seven grandchildren; 15 great grandchildren; and sister, Annina Gulla. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 2 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 3 at St. Joseph’s Church. Entombment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 New Rochelle City Council Approves Parks Overhaul
- 5 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48