NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Rosa Aiello, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died July 1. She was 85.
Aiello was born Nov. 9, 1928, in Calabria, Italy, to Pasquale and Rosa (Bonganzona) Sestito.
Aiello is survived by her husband, Nicola; children, Anna Bulfamante (Dominick), Maria Griffo (Vincenzo), Pasquale Aiello (Janette) and Lidia Salandra (Emilio); seven grandchildren; 15 great grandchildren; and sister, Annina Gulla. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 2 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 3 at St. Joseph’s Church. Entombment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway