NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — Rocco F. Cassone, a lifetime resident of New Rochelle, died March 5 at Westchester Medical Center, in Valhalla. He was 90.
Cassone was born July 30, 1922, in New Rochelle to Frank and Francesca Barresi Cassone. He served in the Army during World War II. On February 2, 1947, he married Ada Filippo at St Joseph's Church in New Rochelle, N.Y. Cassone retired from the West Side Bakery in New Rochelle.
Cassone is survived by his sons, Rocco and Richard; daughter-in-law Claudia; daughter Frances; sister Nancy Idone; five grandchildren; and two great grandchildren.
Calling hours are Saturday, March 9, from 3 to 5, 7 to 9 p.m. and Sunday, March 10, from 2 to 6 p.m. at the N. Cancro Funeral Home, 104 4th St., in New Rochelle. The funeral is Monday, March 11, at 11 a.m. at St Joseph's Church in New Rochelle. Interment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery, in Hartsdale.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Contractor Chosen For New Rochelle Rowing Club Demolition
- 4 New Rochelle Native Honors Mom At Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk
- 5 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20