NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — Rocco F. Cassone, a lifetime resident of New Rochelle, died March 5 at Westchester Medical Center, in Valhalla. He was 90.
Cassone was born July 30, 1922, in New Rochelle to Frank and Francesca Barresi Cassone. He served in the Army during World War II. On February 2, 1947, he married Ada Filippo at St Joseph's Church in New Rochelle, N.Y. Cassone retired from the West Side Bakery in New Rochelle.
Cassone is survived by his sons, Rocco and Richard; daughter-in-law Claudia; daughter Frances; sister Nancy Idone; five grandchildren; and two great grandchildren.
Calling hours are Saturday, March 9, from 3 to 5, 7 to 9 p.m. and Sunday, March 10, from 2 to 6 p.m. at the N. Cancro Funeral Home, 104 4th St., in New Rochelle. The funeral is Monday, March 11, at 11 a.m. at St Joseph's Church in New Rochelle. Interment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery, in Hartsdale.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York