NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — Rocco F. Cassone, a lifetime resident of New Rochelle, died March 5 at Westchester Medical Center, in Valhalla. He was 90.
Cassone was born July 30, 1922, in New Rochelle to Frank and Francesca Barresi Cassone. He served in the Army during World War II. On February 2, 1947, he married Ada Filippo at St Joseph's Church in New Rochelle, N.Y. Cassone retired from the West Side Bakery in New Rochelle.
Cassone is survived by his sons, Rocco and Richard; daughter-in-law Claudia; daughter Frances; sister Nancy Idone; five grandchildren; and two great grandchildren.
Calling hours are Saturday, March 9, from 3 to 5, 7 to 9 p.m. and Sunday, March 10, from 2 to 6 p.m. at the N. Cancro Funeral Home, 104 4th St., in New Rochelle. The funeral is Monday, March 11, at 11 a.m. at St Joseph's Church in New Rochelle. Interment will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery, in Hartsdale.
- 1 Former Monroe College Standout Signs With New York Knicks
- 2 Man Shot Twice In New Rochelle Is In Serious Condition
- 3 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester