BERKELEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - Robert A. Vileno of Berkeley Township died Saturday, July 26. He was 86.
Vileno was born in New Rochelle, N.Y., to Joseph and Ann (Kischak) Vileno. He lived in Lanoka Harbor, before moving to Silver Ridge, in 1997. He served in the Merchant Marine and the U.S. Air Force during both World War II and the Korean War. He was a firefighter in New Rochelle, N.Y., with Station #2 for 25 years. He was the vice president of the UFFA (United Fire Fighters Assoc.). He was a parishioner and usher at St. Barnabas R.C. Church in Bayville.
Vileno is survived by his wife, Joan (Lesperance) Vileno; daughters, Debra Sexton of Brick, Linda Tiernan of Maryland, and Michele Martinez of South Brunswick; brother, Donald Vileno of Fla.; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 30 at the Timothy E. Ryan Home for Funerals, 145 St. Catherine Blvd., Toms River. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 31 at the funeral home. Entombment to follow at St. Joseph Cemetery, Toms River.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ryanfuneralhome.com
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Is Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 4 White Plains Man, 31, Who Died In Apparent Drowning ID'd
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital