BERKELEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - Robert A. Vileno of Berkeley Township died Saturday, July 26. He was 86.
Vileno was born in New Rochelle, N.Y., to Joseph and Ann (Kischak) Vileno. He lived in Lanoka Harbor, before moving to Silver Ridge, in 1997. He served in the Merchant Marine and the U.S. Air Force during both World War II and the Korean War. He was a firefighter in New Rochelle, N.Y., with Station #2 for 25 years. He was the vice president of the UFFA (United Fire Fighters Assoc.). He was a parishioner and usher at St. Barnabas R.C. Church in Bayville.
Vileno is survived by his wife, Joan (Lesperance) Vileno; daughters, Debra Sexton of Brick, Linda Tiernan of Maryland, and Michele Martinez of South Brunswick; brother, Donald Vileno of Fla.; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 30 at the Timothy E. Ryan Home for Funerals, 145 St. Catherine Blvd., Toms River. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 31 at the funeral home. Entombment to follow at St. Joseph Cemetery, Toms River.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ryanfuneralhome.com
- 1 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Surge Of Warm Weather Will Arrive In New Rochelle
- 5 New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Awards Ceremony