NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Robert E. McCormack, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 9. He was 86.
McCormack was born Sept. 14, 1927, in Bronxville, to John and Beatrice (Quinn) McCormack. He worked as a precious stone dealer for many years. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
He is survived by his children Robert, Jr. (Marguerite), William (Alison), and Mary Frances McCormack, his grandchildren William Robert, Yana Marie, Promyse White, Matthew, Michael, Emma, and Gregory. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marie; two sisters; and a brother.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 11 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 at Holy Family Church. Interment will follow at St. Francis De Sales Cemetery, Elka Park.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire