NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Robert E. McCormack, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 9. He was 86.
McCormack was born Sept. 14, 1927, in Bronxville, to John and Beatrice (Quinn) McCormack. He worked as a precious stone dealer for many years. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
He is survived by his children Robert, Jr. (Marguerite), William (Alison), and Mary Frances McCormack, his grandchildren William Robert, Yana Marie, Promyse White, Matthew, Michael, Emma, and Gregory. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Marie; two sisters; and a brother.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 11 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 at Holy Family Church. Interment will follow at St. Francis De Sales Cemetery, Elka Park.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 3 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 New Rochelle Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms