NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Rita DiBenedetto, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 24. She was 95.
DiBenedetto was born Dec. 23, 1918, in Murphysboro, Ill., to Rosario and Josephine DiBenedetto. She worked for Raleigh Athletic Company for many years.
DiBenedetto is survived by her sisters, Kathryn Esposito, Roseann Ronca, Amelia Gramatico, and Theresa Camillone, and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; brothers, Joseph and Peter; and sisters, Mary Partridge, Angela Buffardi, Anna Petruccelli, and Josephine Ziner.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 25 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26 at St Joseph Church. Interment will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire