NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Rita Curry, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Dec. 31. She was 93.
Curry was born Nov. 10, 1920, in the Bronx; daughter of Emilie and Michael Twohig. For over 25 years, she owned the Rita Curry Dance Studio in New Rochelle.
Curry is survived by her daughters, Gail Jansen and Karen Curry; a granddaughter; son-in-law, Allen Richardson; many nieces, nephews; grandnieces and nephews; and friends. She was predeceased by her husband, Patrick F. (Frank) Curry; and brother, John Twohig.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 9 at Blessed Sacrament Church, 15 Shea Place, New Rochelle. Interment will take place in Florida.
For more information, please visit: www.lloydmaxcy.com
- 1 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car