NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Pietro Sammarco, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died April 16. He was 93.
Sammarco was born Jan. 12, 1921, in Italy, to Salvatore and Christine (Leo) Sammarco. He worked for many years as an operating engineer in the construction industry. He was a World War II Army Veteran who saw action during the Battle of The Rhineland. He was a member of the American Legion Post 8.
Sammarco is survived by his daughter, Christine Amori of New Rochelle; sons, Charles of New Rochelle, Peter of Florida, Ralph of Connecticut, and Michael of Yorktown; 11 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; sister, Rita Carpanzano; and brother, Frank Sammarco. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Elvira Gallo.
Calling hours are Saturday, April 19 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Monday, April 21 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Lung Association.
- 1 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 2 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle
- 4 New Rochelle Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash