NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Norma Keller of New Rochelle died April 17. She was 92.
Keller was born Dec. 7, 1921, in Brooklyn. She went to CCNY at night for her bachelor's degree and worked for Eimco for many years. After her marriage, she settled in New Rochelle.
For 25 years she was a first grade teacher, first in the South Bronx and then in Greenburgh. She returned to college at nights and on weekends to earn a Master's in Education. In retirement, she became a tutor for homebound students with both mental and physical disabilities.
Keller is survived by her daughters, Lisa (Saky Yakas) and Nina (Rich Adago); sister, Renee; nephews and niece; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Peter Keller.
Services will take place at 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, at Temple Israel of New Rochelle, followed by interment at Sharon Gardens, Valhalla. The family will host Shiva at her home afterward.
Donations may be made to the Norma Keller Fund, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Development Office (Attn. Tamiko Collier), 654 W. 170th St., New York, NY 10032.
- 1 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 4 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle