NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Maureen G. Walsh, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died June 10. She was 74.
Walsh was born Sept. 2, 1939, in New Rochelle, to Melvin and Mary (Flynn) Hynes. She worked as the Huguenot House secretary at Albert Leonard Middle School in New Rochelle for over 30 years.
Walsh is survived by her children, Michael, Lorraine Bruschi, Donald and William; son-in-law, Jeff; daughters-in-law, Gina, and Theresa; nine grandchildren; and sisters, Barbara Dandry, Mickie Fosina and Geraldine Feeney. She was predeceased by her husband, Maurice “Monty” Walsh; brother, John Hynes; sister, Dorothy Kelly; and daughter-in-law, Lorraine.
Calling hours are Thursday, June 12 and Friday, June 13 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc. 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 14 at Holy Family Church. Interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Contractor Chosen For New Rochelle Rowing Club Demolition
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates
- 5 New Rochelle Native Honors Mom At Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk