NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Maureen G. Walsh, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died June 10. She was 74.
Walsh was born Sept. 2, 1939, in New Rochelle, to Melvin and Mary (Flynn) Hynes. She worked as the Huguenot House secretary at Albert Leonard Middle School in New Rochelle for over 30 years.
Walsh is survived by her children, Michael, Lorraine Bruschi, Donald and William; son-in-law, Jeff; daughters-in-law, Gina, and Theresa; nine grandchildren; and sisters, Barbara Dandry, Mickie Fosina and Geraldine Feeney. She was predeceased by her husband, Maurice “Monty” Walsh; brother, John Hynes; sister, Dorothy Kelly; and daughter-in-law, Lorraine.
Calling hours are Thursday, June 12 and Friday, June 13 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc. 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 14 at Holy Family Church. Interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots