NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Mary Virginia Ferrara, a resident of New Rochelle of 55 years, died Jan. 27. She was 91.
Ferrara was born Oct. 2, 1922, in Mt. Vernon, to Frank and Maria (Cervelli) Piperis. She was a parishioner of Holy Family Church.
She is survived by her children John (Margaret), Ralph (Lorna), Paul (Jill), Nicholas (Natalie), Frank (Dawn), Mary (Robert) Monteleone, 12 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, her sisters Concetta, Josephine, and Nancy. She was predeceased by her parents and sister, Anna. She married her husband Nicholas on Dec. 21, 1947. He predeceased her in 2011.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 4 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place. New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30 at Holy Family Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Contractor Chosen For New Rochelle Rowing Club Demolition
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates
- 5 New Rochelle Native Honors Mom At Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk