NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Mary Virginia Ferrara, a resident of New Rochelle of 55 years, died Jan. 27. She was 91.
Ferrara was born Oct. 2, 1922, in Mt. Vernon, to Frank and Maria (Cervelli) Piperis. She was a parishioner of Holy Family Church.
She is survived by her children John (Margaret), Ralph (Lorna), Paul (Jill), Nicholas (Natalie), Frank (Dawn), Mary (Robert) Monteleone, 12 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, her sisters Concetta, Josephine, and Nancy. She was predeceased by her parents and sister, Anna. She married her husband Nicholas on Dec. 21, 1947. He predeceased her in 2011.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 4 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place. New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30 at Holy Family Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations