NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Mary Virginia Ferrara, a resident of New Rochelle of 55 years, died Jan. 27. She was 91.
Ferrara was born Oct. 2, 1922, in Mt. Vernon, to Frank and Maria (Cervelli) Piperis. She was a parishioner of Holy Family Church.
She is survived by her children John (Margaret), Ralph (Lorna), Paul (Jill), Nicholas (Natalie), Frank (Dawn), Mary (Robert) Monteleone, 12 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, her sisters Concetta, Josephine, and Nancy. She was predeceased by her parents and sister, Anna. She married her husband Nicholas on Dec. 21, 1947. He predeceased her in 2011.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 4 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place. New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30 at Holy Family Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle
- 4 New Rochelle Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says