NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Mary Gertrude Tyndall Johnston of New Rochelle died Aug. 25. She was 90.
Johnston was born April 2, 1924, in New Rochelle, to Dorothy Christina MacFarquhar Tyndall and Robert Tyndall. She graduated from Berkeley Llewellyn Secretarial School. She was married to George Arthur Johnston. She worked for the Board of Education of New Rochelle for many years until her retirement. She was a member of the New Rochelle Evangelical Covenant Church of New Rochelle; Huguenot Memorial Church of Pelham; and Freedom Plains Presbyterian Church of LaGrangeville.
Johnston is survived by her children, Linda Johnston Dentinger of Orlando, Fla., Leland and Judy Johnston of Moneta, Va., Paul and Sophia Johnston of LaGrangeville, David and Kathy Johnston of Hartford, Wis., Marny and Tracy Danz of Ada, Mich., and Liz and Mike Mednansky of Deposit; 15 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 29 from 3 to 7 p.m. at the George T. Davis Funeral Home at 14 Lecount Place in New Rochelle. The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 30 at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Freedom Plains Presbyterian Church, 1168 New York 55, Lagrangeville, NY 12540.
- 1 New Rochelle House To Be Featured On HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- 2 Pelham Jumper Alive, But In Critical Condition
- 3 Vision For New Rochelle Redevelopment Continues To Take Shape
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Rochelle