NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. - Mary Ellen Begnoche of New City died Sunday, May 25. She was 69.
Begnoche was born Jan. 24, 1945, in the Bronx, to Victor and Mary Rivera and was raised in New Rochelle. She was a longtime resident of New City. She with her husband, Leo Begnoche, were owners /operators of Paradise Travel Bureau for over 44 years with locations in Spring Valley, Suffern, Mt Kisco and Brooklyn. She also opened and operated her own travel school, Paradise School of Travel in Spring Valley.
Begnoche is survived by her husband, Leo; children, Monique (Michael), Leo (Eileen), Christopher (Heather) and Elizabeth (Larry); 10 grandchildren; sisters, Margaret Mangieri, Victoria Ninivaggi, Katherine Jennings; brothers, Richard Rivera, Anthony Rivera and Robert Rivera; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Victor Rivera Jr.; and niece, Jessica Rivera.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 29 and Friday, May 30 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Higgins Funeral Home in Congers. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 31 at St. Augustine's Church, New City, followed by interment at St. Anthony's Cemetery, Nanuet.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the United Hospice of Rockland (benefit of Joe Raso Hospice Residence), 11 Stokum Lane, New City, NY 10956 in the name of Mary Ellen Begnoche.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow