NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Maria Lofaro, a longtime New Rochelle resident, died Nov. 19. She was 90.
Lofaro was born Sept. 29, 1922, in Cannitello, Italy to Domenico and Marianna Marciano Cassone. She married Anthony Lofaro on Aug. 21, 1949, in Italy. In 1950, they moved to New York.
She is survived by a daughter, Francesca DelConte; a granddaughter, Maria; a sister-in-law and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband; and two brothers, Antonio and Giuseppe.
A funeral Mass was celebrated Wednesday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle handled arrangements.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 New Rochelle Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester