NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Maria Lofaro, a longtime New Rochelle resident, died Nov. 19. She was 90.
Lofaro was born Sept. 29, 1922, in Cannitello, Italy to Domenico and Marianna Marciano Cassone. She married Anthony Lofaro on Aug. 21, 1949, in Italy. In 1950, they moved to New York.
She is survived by a daughter, Francesca DelConte; a granddaughter, Maria; a sister-in-law and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband; and two brothers, Antonio and Giuseppe.
A funeral Mass was celebrated Wednesday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle handled arrangements.
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA