NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Maria Lofaro, a longtime New Rochelle resident, died Nov. 19. She was 90.
Lofaro was born Sept. 29, 1922, in Cannitello, Italy to Domenico and Marianna Marciano Cassone. She married Anthony Lofaro on Aug. 21, 1949, in Italy. In 1950, they moved to New York.
She is survived by a daughter, Francesca DelConte; a granddaughter, Maria; a sister-in-law and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband; and two brothers, Antonio and Giuseppe.
A funeral Mass was celebrated Wednesday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle handled arrangements.
- 1 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287