NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Margaret Smith, a longtime New Rochelle resident, died Dec. 7. She was 88.
Smith was born Dec. 25, 1932, in New York City to Michael and Nellie Fox Conway. She worked as a manager for New York Telephone Company for many years and was a member of the Pioneers Club and the Catholic Ladies of Charity.
She was predeceased by her husband, John J. Smith, on Jan. 6, 1984. She is survived by a brother, John Conway; a sister, Patricia Bree; and two stepdaughters, Eileen Notaro and Patricia Moya.
Visitation is from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 Master Downtown Developers Will Visit New Rochelle
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Downtown Development Featured In New Rochelle State Of The City Speech
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Getting To Know: New Rochelle's Lisa Summa, The Westchester Bank