NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Margaret Smith, a longtime New Rochelle resident, died Dec. 7. She was 88.
Smith was born Dec. 25, 1932, in New York City to Michael and Nellie Fox Conway. She worked as a manager for New York Telephone Company for many years and was a member of the Pioneers Club and the Catholic Ladies of Charity.
She was predeceased by her husband, John J. Smith, on Jan. 6, 1984. She is survived by a brother, John Conway; a sister, Patricia Bree; and two stepdaughters, Eileen Notaro and Patricia Moya.
Visitation is from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 4 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287