NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Margaret Smith, a longtime New Rochelle resident, died Dec. 7. She was 88.
Smith was born Dec. 25, 1932, in New York City to Michael and Nellie Fox Conway. She worked as a manager for New York Telephone Company for many years and was a member of the Pioneers Club and the Catholic Ladies of Charity.
She was predeceased by her husband, John J. Smith, on Jan. 6, 1984. She is survived by a brother, John Conway; a sister, Patricia Bree; and two stepdaughters, Eileen Notaro and Patricia Moya.
Visitation is from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Hawthorne.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 New Rochelle Native Brings '80s Pop Band To The Capitol
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'