NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Levia LaPera, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 30. She was 101.
LaPera was born June 24, 1912, in Pelham, to Salvatore and Anna Marie Zallo. She worked for the New York Telephone company where she was a member of their Pioneers Club. After her retirement she worked for many years as a real estate agent for several companies in New Rochelle.
LaPera is survived by her husband, Salvatore; daughter, Christine (Michael) Camillone; a granddaughter; and two great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Monday, Feb. 3 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at the Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 New Rochelle City Council Expected To Approve Demolition Of Rowing Club
- 3 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 4 One Suspect Arrested, Two On The Loose In New Rochelle Robbery
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates