NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Kim Marie Acocella of New Rochelle died Nov. 24 after a prolonged battle with cancer. She was 46.
She was born Jan. 7, 1966, to Catherine and John Dunleavy. Acocella was a teacher for the Nassau Board of Cooperative Educational Services. In 1997, she married Patsy Acocella.
She is survived by her husband; two children, Caitlin Rose Acocella and Gianna Marie Acocella; her mother; a sister, Kelly Ackerson; and her parents-in-law, Patsy and Jane Acocella. She was predeceased by her father.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home in Mamaroneck. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Joseph’s Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola