NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Josephine Oliva, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died June 21. She was 80.
Oliva was born June 17, 1934, in San Fili, Cosenza, Italy, to Michael and Maria (Carpanzano) Gentile.
Oliva is survived by her children, JoAnne (Louis, Jr.) Bongo, Salvatore (Joanne) Oliva, Anthony (Donna) Oliva and Joseph (Marie) Oliva Jr.; six grandchildren; sisters, Vera, Anna and Sarina; and brothers, Frank and Mario. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph Oliva Sr.; a brother, Anthony; and a sister, Nella.
A funeral Mass was elebrated at 10:30 a.m. Monday, at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
For more information, visit: www.lloydmaxcy.com
- 1 New Rochelle Millennial Runs For Library Trustee Seat
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Shakespeare Meets Taylor Swift In New Rochelle 'Pop-Up' Performance