NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Josephine Oliva, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died June 21. She was 80.
Oliva was born June 17, 1934, in San Fili, Cosenza, Italy, to Michael and Maria (Carpanzano) Gentile.
Oliva is survived by her children, JoAnne (Louis, Jr.) Bongo, Salvatore (Joanne) Oliva, Anthony (Donna) Oliva and Joseph (Marie) Oliva Jr.; six grandchildren; sisters, Vera, Anna and Sarina; and brothers, Frank and Mario. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph Oliva Sr.; a brother, Anthony; and a sister, Nella.
A funeral Mass was elebrated at 10:30 a.m. Monday, at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
For more information, visit: www.lloydmaxcy.com
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 4 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Rochelle