NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Josephine Oliva, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died June 21. She was 80.
Oliva was born June 17, 1934, in San Fili, Cosenza, Italy, to Michael and Maria (Carpanzano) Gentile.
Oliva is survived by her children, JoAnne (Louis, Jr.) Bongo, Salvatore (Joanne) Oliva, Anthony (Donna) Oliva and Joseph (Marie) Oliva Jr.; six grandchildren; sisters, Vera, Anna and Sarina; and brothers, Frank and Mario. She was predeceased by her husband, Joseph Oliva Sr.; a brother, Anthony; and a sister, Nella.
A funeral Mass was elebrated at 10:30 a.m. Monday, at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
For more information, visit: www.lloydmaxcy.com
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 New Rochelle Approves Downtown Parking Overhaul