NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Josephine Basso, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Sept. 2. She was 101.
Basso was born March 24, 1913, in New York City, to Julius and Emilia (Patella) Turco. She was a seamstress for many years.
Basso is survived by her sons, Joseph Basso and Michael Basso; daughter, Emily Ricciuti; 13 grandchildren; 20 great- grandchildren; and a great great granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joseph; son, Philip; and grandson, Joseph Ricciuti.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5 from 2 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9;30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 6 at the Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of one’s choice.
- 1 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says
- 2 New Rochelle Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In New Rochelle
- 5 New Rochelle Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm