NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Josephine Basso, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Sept. 2. She was 101.
Basso was born March 24, 1913, in New York City, to Julius and Emilia (Patella) Turco. She was a seamstress for many years.
Basso is survived by her sons, Joseph Basso and Michael Basso; daughter, Emily Ricciuti; 13 grandchildren; 20 great- grandchildren; and a great great granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joseph; son, Philip; and grandson, Joseph Ricciuti.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5 from 2 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9;30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 6 at the Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of one’s choice.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 4 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island