NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Josephine Basso, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Sept. 2. She was 101.
Basso was born March 24, 1913, in New York City, to Julius and Emilia (Patella) Turco. She was a seamstress for many years.
Basso is survived by her sons, Joseph Basso and Michael Basso; daughter, Emily Ricciuti; 13 grandchildren; 20 great- grandchildren; and a great great granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Joseph; son, Philip; and grandson, Joseph Ricciuti.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5 from 2 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9;30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 6 at the Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of one’s choice.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 2 New Rochelle Actor Has Detective Role In NBC Series 'Aquarius'
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says