NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Joseph G. Madonna, an attorney and former New Rochelle commissioner of development, died Feb. 15. He was 82.
A Mamaroneck resident, Madonna specialized in real estate development law. He was formerly a resident of Scarsdale.
He was born Nov. 6, 1930, to Joseph and Sylvia Moskowitz Madonna. He graduated from Manhattan College and Fordham Law School School. He retired as commissioner of development in 2000.
On Jan. 1, 1987, Madonna married his wife, Rachael. She survives him.
He is survived by three children, Joseph (Cynthia) Madonna, Joan Marie (Dan) Wycoff and Alfred Madonna; two brothers, Nicholas (Phyllis) Madonna and Paul (Theresa) Madonna; two stepchildren, Laura Caccavale and Joseph (Leticia) Tantillo; and four grandchildren.
Visitation was held Monday at Coxe and Graziano Funeral Home in Mamaroneck. A funeral Mass was celebrated Tuesday at St. Pius X Church in Scarsdale.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 New Rochelle City Council Expected To Approve Demolition Of Rowing Club
- 3 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 4 One Suspect Arrested, Two On The Loose In New Rochelle Robbery
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates