NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Joseph G. Madonna, an attorney and former New Rochelle commissioner of development, died Feb. 15. He was 82.
A Mamaroneck resident, Madonna specialized in real estate development law. He was formerly a resident of Scarsdale.
He was born Nov. 6, 1930, to Joseph and Sylvia Moskowitz Madonna. He graduated from Manhattan College and Fordham Law School School. He retired as commissioner of development in 2000.
On Jan. 1, 1987, Madonna married his wife, Rachael. She survives him.
He is survived by three children, Joseph (Cynthia) Madonna, Joan Marie (Dan) Wycoff and Alfred Madonna; two brothers, Nicholas (Phyllis) Madonna and Paul (Theresa) Madonna; two stepchildren, Laura Caccavale and Joseph (Leticia) Tantillo; and four grandchildren.
Visitation was held Monday at Coxe and Graziano Funeral Home in Mamaroneck. A funeral Mass was celebrated Tuesday at St. Pius X Church in Scarsdale.
- 1 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 2 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit