NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Joseph A. Buttigliere, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 14. He was 88.
Buttigliere was born Sept. 30, 1925, to Salvatore and Maria Rose (Panetta) Buttigliere. He worked as a ticket agent for many years with Metro-North Railroad. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps in Worrld War II/
Buttigliere is survived by his brother, Vincent; sisters, Mary Buttigliere, Joan Toma, all of New Rochelle; sister, Carmela Cascio of Warwick, N.Y.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Feb. 18 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19 at St. Joseph’s Church. Interment will follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery, Rye.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the charity of your choice or Visiting Nurse Association of Hudson Valley 540 White Plains Road. Suite 300 Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- 1 Man Shot Twice In New Rochelle Is In Serious Condition
- 2 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 New Rochelle's Ray Rice Will Claim Elevator Tape Was Altered
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway