NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Joan M. Heppes, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died July 14. She was 83.
Heppes was born March 13, 1931, in New Rochelle, to Matthew and Jane (Comerford) Murphy. She worked for over 30 years at the Salesian Missions and was a lifelong parishioner of Holy Name of Jesus.
Hepes is survived by her husband, Charles; sons, Kevin (Kathy) Heppes and Brian Heppes; daughter, Ellen (Andy) Stievfvater ; five granddaughters; sister, Ann Rich; brother, Matthew Murphy; and friend, Dorothy Knapp. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Joseph Murphy; and sisters, Patricia Heilenday and Jacqueline Callaghan.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 16 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Thursday, July 17 at Holy Name Church. Interment will follow at St. Raymond’s Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Salesian Missions, 2 LeFevre La., New Rochelle.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola