NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Joan E. Collins, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 2. She was 82.
Collins was born Oct. 12, 1931, in New Rochelle, to William and Catherine (Lynch) Smith. She worked for many years for both the New Rochelle School District as a crossing guard near Holy Family & Mayflower schools and then as a civil servant for the New Rochelle Department of Public Works. In her retirement, she volunteered at the New Rochelle Public Library.
Collins is survived by her husband, Charles; children, Michael (Donna) Collins, Dan (Kimberly) Collins, Karen (Frank) Flanagan, Charles (Ana) Collins and Bill (Lisa) Collins; 15 grandchildren; and sister, Ellen Perrault. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Billy Smith.
Visiting hours are Friday February 7 from 4-8pm at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc. 16 Shea Pl. New Rochelle. A funeral mass is scheduled for 10:30am at Blessed Sacrament Church on Saturday February 8. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Joan’s name to the New Rochelle Public Library Foundation at http://www.nrplfoundation.org/donate.php
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill