NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Jean Generoso, a lifelong New Rochelle resident, died Jan. 15. She was 86.
Born April 24, 1926, she was the daughter of Louis and Agnes Tirella Picone. On April 13, 1946, she married Salvatore Generoso.
She is survived by her husband; a son, James (Linda) Generoso; a brother-in-law, Michael Generoso; a sister-in-law, Augusta Gurrieri; a granddaughter; and many nephews and nieces. She was predeceased by a sister, Mary Perone.
Visitation is from 7-9 p.m. Thursday and 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Friday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph's Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in New Rochelle.
Memorial donations may be made to the Calabria Society Student Scholarship Fund, 81 Union Avenue, New Rochelle, NY 10801.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow