NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – James Johnson, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 31. He was 78.
Johnson was born Dec. 19, 1934, in New Rochelle to James and Mary Porrazzo Johnson. A licensed plumber, he worked for many years at Mullins Plumbing and Heating and Hall Heating, both in New Rochelle. He married Barbara Donnelly on June 22, 1957.
He is survived by his wife; six children, Ginnie, Beth, Kathleen "Cendy," Karen, Eric and Michael; a brother. William; a sister, Janet Ivanoff; and nine grandchildren.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Holy Name Church in New Rochelle. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery in Hartsdale.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire