NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – James Johnson, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 31. He was 78.
Johnson was born Dec. 19, 1934, in New Rochelle to James and Mary Porrazzo Johnson. A licensed plumber, he worked for many years at Mullins Plumbing and Heating and Hall Heating, both in New Rochelle. He married Barbara Donnelly on June 22, 1957.
He is survived by his wife; six children, Ginnie, Beth, Kathleen "Cendy," Karen, Eric and Michael; a brother. William; a sister, Janet Ivanoff; and nine grandchildren.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Holy Name Church in New Rochelle. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery in Hartsdale.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 4 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 5 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year