NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – James Johnson, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Jan. 31. He was 78.
Johnson was born Dec. 19, 1934, in New Rochelle to James and Mary Porrazzo Johnson. A licensed plumber, he worked for many years at Mullins Plumbing and Heating and Hall Heating, both in New Rochelle. He married Barbara Donnelly on June 22, 1957.
He is survived by his wife; six children, Ginnie, Beth, Kathleen "Cendy," Karen, Eric and Michael; a brother. William; a sister, Janet Ivanoff; and nine grandchildren.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Holy Name Church in New Rochelle. Cremation will follow at Ferncliff Cemetery in Hartsdale.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 4 'Out Of The Blue' Wows New Rochelle Commuters With Pop-Up Performance
- 5 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute