NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Giovanna Jennie Ricci, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died April 26. She was 94.
Ricci was born Oct. 7, 1919, in the Bronx, to Caroline and Erminio Massafra. She worked for the City of New Rochelle Finance Dept. as a payroll senior account clerk.
Ricci is survived by many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Martin; sisters, Laura Vinci and Lucy Azznara; and brother, Gino Massafra.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 29 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle, where a funeral service is scheduled for Wednesday, April 30 at 12 p.m. Interment will follow at Woodlawn Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to your charity or church.
- 1 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 New Rochelle Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Storm System Departs New Rochelle, Snow Could Return Thursday