NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Giorgina Renda, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died July 24. She was 86.
Renda was born in Italy and came to the United States in 1970. She worked for many years as a seamstress at Raleigh in New Rochelle.
She is survived by her children Carmine Renda, Mara Gialanella, Mauro Renda, Virgil Renda and Doriana Yannantuono; 9 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by She was predeceased by her husband Salvatore. and daughter Mara Renda.
Calling hours are Friday, July 25 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Istituto Antoniano Dei Rogazionisti, Via Tiziano Minio, 15-35134 Padova, Italy.
- 1 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 2 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 3 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 4 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History