NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Giorgina Renda, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died July 24. She was 86.
Renda was born in Italy and came to the United States in 1970. She worked for many years as a seamstress at Raleigh in New Rochelle.
She is survived by her children Carmine Renda, Mara Gialanella, Mauro Renda, Virgil Renda and Doriana Yannantuono; 9 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by She was predeceased by her husband Salvatore. and daughter Mara Renda.
Calling hours are Friday, July 25 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Istituto Antoniano Dei Rogazionisti, Via Tiziano Minio, 15-35134 Padova, Italy.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Rochelle
- 5 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies