NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Gerald Joseph Curry, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 5. He was 89.
He was born July 11, 1923, in New Rochelle to Lackey and Elizabeth Reilly Curry. He worked as a firefighter for the New Rochelle Fire Department for many years. He also cooked for his fellow firefighters.
After his retirement, Curry worked as a bartender for Spectators Sports Bar in New Rochelle. He served in the Navy during World War II.
Curry is survived by a daughter, Kathe Curry; a son, Dennis (Christine) Curry; a sister, Margaret Curry, a brother, John Curry; a sister-in-law, Rita; six grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by eight siblings, Tom, Frank, Betty, Helen, Pat, Jimmy, Eileen and Eamon.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in New Rochelle.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Butterflies from Jodie, 33 President St., New Rochelle, NY 10801.
- 1 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 2 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Rochelle
- 4 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M
- 5 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yonkers Yard