NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Gerald Joseph Curry, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 5. He was 89.
He was born July 11, 1923, in New Rochelle to Lackey and Elizabeth Reilly Curry. He worked as a firefighter for the New Rochelle Fire Department for many years. He also cooked for his fellow firefighters.
After his retirement, Curry worked as a bartender for Spectators Sports Bar in New Rochelle. He served in the Navy during World War II.
Curry is survived by a daughter, Kathe Curry; a son, Dennis (Christine) Curry; a sister, Margaret Curry, a brother, John Curry; a sister-in-law, Rita; six grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by eight siblings, Tom, Frank, Betty, Helen, Pat, Jimmy, Eileen and Eamon.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in New Rochelle.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Butterflies from Jodie, 33 President St., New Rochelle, NY 10801.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 4 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations