NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - George T. Erbe, a 50 year resident of New Rochelle, died April 20. He was 82.
Erbe was born Feb. 7, 1932, in Jersey City, N.J., to George and Lillian Erbe. He graduated from St. Peter's College, and earned a Masters and Doctoral degrees in Economics from New York University. He was a vice president of Litton Industries and a partner of Betatronics, both in the field of electronics. He served for 23 years on the Board of Governors of Sound Shore Medical Center where he recently served as vice chairman. He was chairman of the Visiting Nurses Association of Hudson Valley. He was a Knight of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem Eastern Lieutenancy. He was a member and trustee of Holy Family Parish in New Rochelle.
Erbe is survived by his wife, Florence "Beau"; sisters, Lilyn Pallister and Linda Erbe; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 23, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m., at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Pl, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 24 at Holy Family Church. Interment will be at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Visiting Nurses Association of Hudson Valley.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 New Rochelle City Council Expected To Approve Demolition Of Rowing Club
- 3 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 4 One Suspect Arrested, Two On The Loose In New Rochelle Robbery
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates