NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Dr. Joan Carson, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died March 4. She was 93.
Dr. Carson was born Aug. 7, 1920, in Albany, to John and Dorothy (Hume) Carson. Raised in New Milford, Conn., she came to New Rochelle in 1939 as a freshman at The College of New Rochelle. She received her Master’s degree and Ph.D. from Fordham University and joined the faculty of The College of New Rochelle in 1945. She taught English for 36 years, and retired in 1991, at the rank of Professor Emerita.
Dr. Carson is survived by her sister-in-law, Shirley Pace Carson; niece, Joan Carson; and nephew, Alex Carson. She was predeceased by her parents; and brothers, John, Christopher, and Alexander Carson.
A memorial service will be scheduled at a later date.
Donations in Dr. Carson’s memory may be made to The College of New Rochelle, 29 Castle Place, New Rochelle, NY 10805.
For more information, please visit: www.lloydmaxcy.com
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 5 New Rochelle Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night