NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Dorothy Rumery Smith, a lifelong New Rochelle resident, died Jan. 2 after a long illness. She was 83.
Smith was born Sept. 13, 1929, to Elizabeth and Raymond C. Rumery. She was active at Holy Name of Jesus Church, where she worked as school secretary for many years.
She was also a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution through her father's ancestors in Deer Isle, Maine, where she and her family spent many summers.
Smith is survived by her husband of 64 years, Robert John Smith; three children, Robert John (Deborah) Smith Jr., Nancy Smith (James) Gribbin and Thomas R. (Diane) Smith; five grandchildren and three great-granddaughters.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at George T. Davis Funeral Home in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Holy Name of Jesus Church. Burial will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle.
- 1 New Rochelle House To Be Featured On HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- 2 Pelham Jumper Alive, But In Critical Condition
- 3 New Rochelle Millennial Runs For Library Trustee Seat
- 4 Vision For New Rochelle Redevelopment Continues To Take Shape
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests