NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Dorothy Rumery Smith, a lifelong New Rochelle resident, died Jan. 2 after a long illness. She was 83.
Smith was born Sept. 13, 1929, to Elizabeth and Raymond C. Rumery. She was active at Holy Name of Jesus Church, where she worked as school secretary for many years.
She was also a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution through her father's ancestors in Deer Isle, Maine, where she and her family spent many summers.
Smith is survived by her husband of 64 years, Robert John Smith; three children, Robert John (Deborah) Smith Jr., Nancy Smith (James) Gribbin and Thomas R. (Diane) Smith; five grandchildren and three great-granddaughters.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at George T. Davis Funeral Home in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Holy Name of Jesus Church. Burial will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Rochelle