NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Dorothy Rumery Smith, a lifelong New Rochelle resident, died Jan. 2 after a long illness. She was 83.
Smith was born Sept. 13, 1929, to Elizabeth and Raymond C. Rumery. She was active at Holy Name of Jesus Church, where she worked as school secretary for many years.
She was also a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution through her father's ancestors in Deer Isle, Maine, where she and her family spent many summers.
Smith is survived by her husband of 64 years, Robert John Smith; three children, Robert John (Deborah) Smith Jr., Nancy Smith (James) Gribbin and Thomas R. (Diane) Smith; five grandchildren and three great-granddaughters.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at George T. Davis Funeral Home in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Holy Name of Jesus Church. Burial will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester