NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Donald A. Summo, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died March 1. He was 78.
Summo was born Oct. 6, 1935, in New Rochelle, to Salvatore and Mamie (Telesco) Summo. He was a shop steward for the Nelstadt Co. in New Rochelle. He was a member of the Teamster’s Local 456.
Summo is survived by his wife, Anna Perri; children, Donna Reitano-Toth (Jim), Salvatore Summo and Andrea Benevento (Todd); three grandsons; a great granddaughter; and brother, Joseph. He was predeceased by his parents; and sisters, Gloria and Judy.
Calling hours are Monday, March 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Tuesday, March 4 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Wednesday, March 5 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 New Rochelle Schools Officials Discuss Ray Rice On NPR