NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Donald A. Summo, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died March 1. He was 78.
Summo was born Oct. 6, 1935, in New Rochelle, to Salvatore and Mamie (Telesco) Summo. He was a shop steward for the Nelstadt Co. in New Rochelle. He was a member of the Teamster’s Local 456.
Summo is survived by his wife, Anna Perri; children, Donna Reitano-Toth (Jim), Salvatore Summo and Andrea Benevento (Todd); three grandsons; a great granddaughter; and brother, Joseph. He was predeceased by his parents; and sisters, Gloria and Judy.
Calling hours are Monday, March 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Tuesday, March 4 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Wednesday, March 5 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 4 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 New Rochelle Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night