NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Donald A. Summo, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died March 1. He was 78.
Summo was born Oct. 6, 1935, in New Rochelle, to Salvatore and Mamie (Telesco) Summo. He was a shop steward for the Nelstadt Co. in New Rochelle. He was a member of the Teamster’s Local 456.
Summo is survived by his wife, Anna Perri; children, Donna Reitano-Toth (Jim), Salvatore Summo and Andrea Benevento (Todd); three grandsons; a great granddaughter; and brother, Joseph. He was predeceased by his parents; and sisters, Gloria and Judy.
Calling hours are Monday, March 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Tuesday, March 4 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc., 16 Shea Place New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Wednesday, March 5 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Interment will follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway