NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Domenico "Tony" A. Fazio, a longtime New Rochelle resident, died Nov. 24. He was 92.
He was born Nov. 27, 1919, in Nardo Di Pace, Italy, to Rocco and Maria Gallace Fazio. He worked as a fashion designer for more than 40 years for major fashion houses in New York City, where he specialized in furs.
Fazio served in the Army during World War II and was a member of the Knights of Columbus and a former member of the Casa Calabria.
He is survived by four children, Rocco (Alana) Fazio, Rosemarie “DeDe” Ryan, retired Lt. Col. Anthony P. Fazio and Patricia (Michael) Fazio-Mirabile; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews and cousins. He was predeceased by his wife, Colomba "Clara" Romano Fazio, on Sept. 30, 1998; and two brothers, Salvatore and Damiano R. Fazio.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at Holy Name Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Mount Pleasant.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Rosary Hill Home in Hawthorne.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire