NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Domenico "Tony" A. Fazio, a longtime New Rochelle resident, died Nov. 24. He was 92.
He was born Nov. 27, 1919, in Nardo Di Pace, Italy, to Rocco and Maria Gallace Fazio. He worked as a fashion designer for more than 40 years for major fashion houses in New York City, where he specialized in furs.
Fazio served in the Army during World War II and was a member of the Knights of Columbus and a former member of the Casa Calabria.
He is survived by four children, Rocco (Alana) Fazio, Rosemarie “DeDe” Ryan, retired Lt. Col. Anthony P. Fazio and Patricia (Michael) Fazio-Mirabile; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews and cousins. He was predeceased by his wife, Colomba "Clara" Romano Fazio, on Sept. 30, 1998; and two brothers, Salvatore and Damiano R. Fazio.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at Holy Name Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Mount Pleasant.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Rosary Hill Home in Hawthorne.
- 1 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle
- 3 New Rochelle Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In New Rochelle
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways