NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Domenico Mele, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Aug. 9. He was 73.
Mele was born June 22, 1941, in Italy, to Antonio and Anna Mele. He moved to New Rochelle in 1966 and worked many years at the New Rochelle Board of Education. He was a member of Casa Calabria and active at the Hugh Doyle Senior Center.
Mele is survived by his wife, Maria; children, Anna Bruno, Lucia Mele Hansen and Antonio Mele; three grandchildren; brother, Nicola Mele; and sisters, Pierina Salerno and Maria Mele Giordano. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Frank.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 11 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Entombment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society in Domenico’s memory.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 New Rochelle Man Appointed To Head Veterans Services
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents