NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Deaconess Margaret D. Riley, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, dIed Jan. 5. She was 95.
Riley was born June 17, 1918, in New York City, to Edward and Clara (Martin) Grant. She was a graduate of New Rochelle public schools and did two years of Nursing College. She was a member of St. Catherine A.M.E.Zion Church, with the Women's Choir, Gospel Chorus and deaconess. She was also an Eastern Star with A.F.& A.M. Masonic Order.
Riley is survived by her daughter, Brenda Harris (Robert); son, Edward Riley (Victoria); six grandchildren; and 10 great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Willie Oscar Riley; son, Richard Riley; and granddaughter, Kaci Harris.
Calling hours are Saturday, Jan. 11 at 8:30 a.m., St. Catherine A.M.E. Zion Church, 19 Lincoln Ave., New Rochelle, funeral service at 9:30 a.m. at the church. Interment at Beechwoods Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: www.mcclanahanfuneral.com/
- 1 New Rochelle Lights Up The Skies With 'Spark the Sound' Fireworks
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Rochelle
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car