NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Dante Porricolo, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died March 25. He was 90.
Porricolo was a veteran of World War II. After the war, he studied at Manhattanville College, and later received a Master of Arts from Columbia University. He was a music teacher at Blessed Sacrament School, and in the New York City Public Schools. He was the Chorale Director at Blessed Sacrament Church.
Porricolo is survived by his wife, Catherine; children, Ellen (Roger) Metz, Jean ( Julio), Mary Beth (Jackie), Cathy (Dwight), John (Tina) Porricolo, Sue (Michael)Healy, Stephen (Maura) Porricolo, Joan (Mark) Sullivan; 23 grandchildren; two great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his sister, Rose Hynes.
Calling hours will be Monday, 2 to 4, and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea PL, New Rochelle. A Funeral Mass is scheduled Tuesday, April 2 at 10:30 a.m. at College of New Rochelle. Internment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Songcatchers, Inc (Reaching for Peace Through Music), 44 Liberty Ave, New Rochelle, NY 10801
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 5 New Rochelle Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night