NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Dante Porricolo, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died March 25. He was 90.
Porricolo was a veteran of World War II. After the war, he studied at Manhattanville College, and later received a Master of Arts from Columbia University. He was a music teacher at Blessed Sacrament School, and in the New York City Public Schools. He was the Chorale Director at Blessed Sacrament Church.
Porricolo is survived by his wife, Catherine; children, Ellen (Roger) Metz, Jean ( Julio), Mary Beth (Jackie), Cathy (Dwight), John (Tina) Porricolo, Sue (Michael)Healy, Stephen (Maura) Porricolo, Joan (Mark) Sullivan; 23 grandchildren; two great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his sister, Rose Hynes.
Calling hours will be Monday, 2 to 4, and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea PL, New Rochelle. A Funeral Mass is scheduled Tuesday, April 2 at 10:30 a.m. at College of New Rochelle. Internment will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Songcatchers, Inc (Reaching for Peace Through Music), 44 Liberty Ave, New Rochelle, NY 10801
- 1 New Rochelle House To Be Featured On HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- 2 Pelham Jumper Alive, But In Critical Condition
- 3 Vision For New Rochelle Redevelopment Continues To Take Shape
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Rochelle