NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Daniel J. Nardozzi, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 26. He was 88.
Nardozzi was born Oct. 31, 1925, in New Rochelle, to Anthony and Rocca (Summa) Nardozzi. He served in the Navy during World War II. He was a retired police officer for the City of New Rochelle, for many years.
Nardozzi is survived by his wife, Diane E. Colangelo; daughters, Donna Nardozzi and Barbara Ann (Andrew) Benkwitt; four grandchildren; nine great grandchildren; sister, Margaret Pennella; and brother, Anthony Nardozzi. He was predeceased by his parents; daughter, Carol Ann Nardozzi; and brother, Dominick.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc. 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 1 at the Holy Name Church. Interment will follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery.
- 1 Master Downtown Developers Will Visit New Rochelle
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Downtown Development Featured In New Rochelle State Of The City Speech
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Getting To Know: New Rochelle's Lisa Summa, The Westchester Bank