NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Daniel J. Nardozzi, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 26. He was 88.
Nardozzi was born Oct. 31, 1925, in New Rochelle, to Anthony and Rocca (Summa) Nardozzi. He served in the Navy during World War II. He was a retired police officer for the City of New Rochelle, for many years.
Nardozzi is survived by his wife, Diane E. Colangelo; daughters, Donna Nardozzi and Barbara Ann (Andrew) Benkwitt; four grandchildren; nine great grandchildren; sister, Margaret Pennella; and brother, Anthony Nardozzi. He was predeceased by his parents; daughter, Carol Ann Nardozzi; and brother, Dominick.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc. 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 1 at the Holy Name Church. Interment will follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery.
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA