NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Daniel J. Nardozzi, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Feb. 26. He was 88.
Nardozzi was born Oct. 31, 1925, in New Rochelle, to Anthony and Rocca (Summa) Nardozzi. He served in the Navy during World War II. He was a retired police officer for the City of New Rochelle, for many years.
Nardozzi is survived by his wife, Diane E. Colangelo; daughters, Donna Nardozzi and Barbara Ann (Andrew) Benkwitt; four grandchildren; nine great grandchildren; sister, Margaret Pennella; and brother, Anthony Nardozzi. He was predeceased by his parents; daughter, Carol Ann Nardozzi; and brother, Dominick.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel, Inc. 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 1 at the Holy Name Church. Interment will follow at Greenwood Union Cemetery.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire