NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Clara P. Fraser, a longtime New Rochelle resident, died Jan. 3. She was 89.
Fraser was born April 15, 1923, in Jamaica, West Indies, to Joseph and Florence Lync Dixon. A retired nurse, she worked at various nursing homes and hospitals for many years. She was an active senior member of the St. Catherine AME Zion Church in New Rochelle.
She is survived by six children, Roydell, Dr. Cosmo, Glaister, Archie, Shrena and Glendon; two sisters, Maude Brissett and Zipporah Kerr; a brother, E. Henry Dixon; 11 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
She was predeceased by a son Dalton; and two brothers, Cecil and Arteus Dixon.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral service will be held Thursday morning at a time to be announced at St. Catherine’s AME Zion Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Kensico Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Catherine’s AME Zion Church, 19 Lincoln Ave., New Rochelle.
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway