NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Clara Ida Speigler Clark, a lifelong New Rochelle resident, died Oct. 14. She was 91.
Clark was born Sept. 3, 1921. An active member of Holy Name Parish in New Rochelle, she taught religious education there and worked with children at Davis School. She was married to Arthur Clark.
Clark is survived by 12 children, Jean (Marty) Pekar, of Greenwich, N.Y., Philip (Lani) Clark, of Brooklyn, N.Y., Valerie (Gerard) Vandernoot, of North White Plains, Neil (Roula) Clark, of New Rochelle, Anne (Frank) Guida, of New Rochelle, Virginia (Robert) Rose, of Hawaii, Paul (Linda) Clark, of Fallbrook, Calif., Carol (Joe) Ruggeri, of New Rochelle, Patricia (Anthony) Bongo, of New Rochelle, Kevin (Ellen) Clark, of Somers, Elizabeth (Ralph) Corvino, of New Rochelle, and Barbara (Richard) Gillingham of New Rochelle; 39 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband; a son, Robert; and a daughter-in-law, Judith.
Visiting hours are from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at Holy Name Church in New Rochelle. Burial will follow at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in New Rochelle.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be sent to Holy Name of Jesus Church.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 New Rochelle Man Appointed To Head Veterans Services
- 3 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents