NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Catherine Ann Sherman, a lifelong resident of New Rochelle, died Thursday, July 30. She was 83.
Sherman was born to Conis and Mary (Coviello) Cucino and worked as a telephone operator for AT&T for 30 years.
Sherman is survived by her daughters, Marianne McFadden of LaGrangeville and Catherine Sherman of Tuckahoe; sons, Carl Sherman of Hawthorne, Lawrence Sherman Jr. of Sarasota, Fla., and Joseph Sherman of Mahopac; eight grandchildren; a great-grandchild; sisters, Carmela Connolly of New Rochelle and Lucy Luciano of Scarsdale. She was predeceased by five brothers.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 1 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at N. Cancro Inc FH, 104 4th St., New Rochelle. A Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 2 at St. Joseph's Church on Washington Ave. Interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill