NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Carminda Pires of New Rochelle died Feb. 4. She was 89.
Pires was born July 14, 1924, to Sebastian and Isabel Gonsalves. She was a homemaker who also worked for many years as a seamstress.
Pires is survived by her sons, Steven Pires (Irene) and Michael J. Pires; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by husband, James Pires; and siblings, Anthony Gonsalves and Aida Valente.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 7 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home 767 E. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck. 914-698-5968. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at the Blessed Sacrament RC Church followed by interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.coxeandgraziano.com
- 1 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Former New Rochelle Resident Key Figure In Soccer Probe