NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Carminda Pires of New Rochelle died Feb. 4. She was 89.
Pires was born July 14, 1924, to Sebastian and Isabel Gonsalves. She was a homemaker who also worked for many years as a seamstress.
Pires is survived by her sons, Steven Pires (Irene) and Michael J. Pires; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by husband, James Pires; and siblings, Anthony Gonsalves and Aida Valente.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 7 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home 767 E. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck. 914-698-5968. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at the Blessed Sacrament RC Church followed by interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.coxeandgraziano.com
- 1 New Rochelle City Council Looking Into New Ice Rink
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Rochelle
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95