NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Carminda Pires of New Rochelle died Feb. 4. She was 89.
Pires was born July 14, 1924, to Sebastian and Isabel Gonsalves. She was a homemaker who also worked for many years as a seamstress.
Pires is survived by her sons, Steven Pires (Irene) and Michael J. Pires; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by husband, James Pires; and siblings, Anthony Gonsalves and Aida Valente.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 7 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home 767 E. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck. 914-698-5968. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at the Blessed Sacrament RC Church followed by interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.coxeandgraziano.com
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola