NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Carminda Pires of New Rochelle died Feb. 4. She was 89.
Pires was born July 14, 1924, to Sebastian and Isabel Gonsalves. She was a homemaker who also worked for many years as a seamstress.
Pires is survived by her sons, Steven Pires (Irene) and Michael J. Pires; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by husband, James Pires; and siblings, Anthony Gonsalves and Aida Valente.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 7 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home 767 E. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck. 914-698-5968. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at the Blessed Sacrament RC Church followed by interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.coxeandgraziano.com
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway