NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Carminda Pires of New Rochelle died Feb. 4. She was 89.
Pires was born July 14, 1924, to Sebastian and Isabel Gonsalves. She was a homemaker who also worked for many years as a seamstress.
Pires is survived by her sons, Steven Pires (Irene) and Michael J. Pires; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by husband, James Pires; and siblings, Anthony Gonsalves and Aida Valente.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 7 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home 767 E. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck. 914-698-5968. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 8 at the Blessed Sacrament RC Church followed by interment at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.coxeandgraziano.com
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Contractor Chosen For New Rochelle Rowing Club Demolition
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates
- 5 New Rochelle Native Honors Mom At Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk