NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Carmela "Millie" Friz Warner, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Sunday, Jan. 6. She was 85.
Warner was born May 12, 1927, in Hoboken, N.J., to Alfred and Mary Nardozzi Ubaldi. She worked as a nurse for many years and was a communicant of Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle.
She enjoyed crocheting and jigsaw puzzles. She was married to Robert Friz, who died in 1959.
Warner is survived by two daughters, Linda (Gary) Georgio-Blennis and Robin (Rodney) Caruso; three sisters, Jean Garafola, Lucy McCoy and Alena Makemson; two grandsons and a great-grandson.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Blessed Sacrament Church. Burial will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle. Sisto & Paino Inc. Directors are handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 New Rochelle City Council Looking Into New Ice Rink
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Rochelle
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority