NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Carmela "Millie" Friz Warner, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died Sunday, Jan. 6. She was 85.
Warner was born May 12, 1927, in Hoboken, N.J., to Alfred and Mary Nardozzi Ubaldi. She worked as a nurse for many years and was a communicant of Blessed Sacrament Church in New Rochelle.
She enjoyed crocheting and jigsaw puzzles. She was married to Robert Friz, who died in 1959.
Warner is survived by two daughters, Linda (Gary) Georgio-Blennis and Robin (Rodney) Caruso; three sisters, Jean Garafola, Lucy McCoy and Alena Makemson; two grandsons and a great-grandson.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Lloyd Maxcy and Sons Beauchamp Chapel in New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Blessed Sacrament Church. Burial will follow at Beechwoods Cemetery in New Rochelle. Sisto & Paino Inc. Directors are handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 4 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287