NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Benito DeChiara, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died July 21. He was 81.
DeChiara was born Oct. 23, 1932, in Naples, Italy, to Cresenzo and Maria (Dianna) DeChiara.
He was the owner and stylist at Benito’s Hair Designs on Division Street in New Rochelle for over 35 years.
DeChiara is survived by his wife, Italia Turco; his children Cresenzo Sergio DeChiara, Maria Rosaria DeChiara, Caterina DeChiara and Sandra DeChiara; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, July 25 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Entombment will follow at St Raymond Cemetery.
- 1 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Yonkers Police Locate Woman In Possible Abduction
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors