NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Benito DeChiara, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died July 21. He was 81.
DeChiara was born Oct. 23, 1932, in Naples, Italy, to Cresenzo and Maria (Dianna) DeChiara.
He was the owner and stylist at Benito’s Hair Designs on Division Street in New Rochelle for over 35 years.
DeChiara is survived by his wife, Italia Turco; his children Cresenzo Sergio DeChiara, Maria Rosaria DeChiara, Caterina DeChiara and Sandra DeChiara; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, July 25 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Entombment will follow at St Raymond Cemetery.
- 1 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 2 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 New Rochelle City Council Approves Parks Overhaul