NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Benito DeChiara, a longtime resident of New Rochelle, died July 21. He was 81.
DeChiara was born Oct. 23, 1932, in Naples, Italy, to Cresenzo and Maria (Dianna) DeChiara.
He was the owner and stylist at Benito’s Hair Designs on Division Street in New Rochelle for over 35 years.
DeChiara is survived by his wife, Italia Turco; his children Cresenzo Sergio DeChiara, Maria Rosaria DeChiara, Caterina DeChiara and Sandra DeChiara; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, July 25 at Blessed Sacrament Church. Entombment will follow at St Raymond Cemetery.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Contractor Chosen For New Rochelle Rowing Club Demolition
- 4 New Rochelle Native Honors Mom At Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk
- 5 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20