NEW ROCHELLE -- Angelina Granucci, a longtime resident of the Bronx and current New Rochelle resident, died Wednesday, Aug. 6. She was 87.
Granucci was born Aug. 30, 1926, in the Bronx to Joseph and Jenny (Merlino) Naro. She worked for many years alongside her parents and sister in the family's dress contacting business, J.A. Naro Dress Co. Inc.
Granucci is survived by her son, Joseph (Jody); three grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; brother, Frank Naro (Lee); and sister, Josephine Staiano. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Robert G. Granucci.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 8, from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel Inc., 16 Shea Place, New Rochelle. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 9, at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, Pelham Manor. Interment will follow at St. Raymond's Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Providence Rest Nursing Home, 3304 Waterbury Ave., Bronx, NY 10465.
- 1 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle
- 4 New Rochelle Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Sex Offenders Live Near New Rochelle Pre-K's, Report Says