NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Department of Public Works, Bureau of Streets and Highways will begin yard waste collection on Monday, April 4.
Residents are reminded that in order to be collected, yard waste must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on the scheduled collection day, in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Brush and branches: No longer than 4 feet in length with a diameter of no more than 3 inches, tied in bundles. Do not tie with fishing line, tape or metal wire.
- Grass, twigs, leaves and other loose yard waste: Place in open containers or biodegradable paper bags weighing no more than 75 lbs.
- Logs, stumps, stones, dirt, fruit, seaweed, clumps of grass, treated wood chips, root balls, acorns and other large debris will not be collected and must be disposed of by the homeowner.
Collection days and areas are as follows:
- Monday: North side of Quaker Ridge Road to Scarsdale border
- Tuesday: North side of Eastchester Road, Beechmont Drive, and Barnard Road, to the south side of Quaker Ridge Road
- Wednesday: North side of Metro North Railroad to the south side of Eastchester Road, Beechmont Drive, and Barnard Road
- Thursday: South of the Metro North Railroad When a holiday occurs on any of the collection days.
- Friday is the alternate collection day.
Please do not put yard waste out for collection prior to the night before the scheduled collection day. Yard waste collection will continue until Oct. 28.
For further information, visit the DPW website or contact the yard waste and fall leaves 24 hour hotline at 914-654-6510.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.