TROY, N.Y. -- The Woodlands girls basketball team fell behind early and trailed throughout the game Friday in a 71-58 loss to Bishop Kearney in a New York State Public Schools Class B championship semifinal at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy.
Senior Imani Tilford scored a game-high 32 points and seventh-grader Teisha Hyman added 20 to lead the Falcons, who could not keep pace with Kearney's starting five who opened 40-26 lead at halftime and then led 57-36 after three quarters.
The Falcons did make a late comeback try down 63-43 with four minutes remaining in the game when Tilford and Hyman sparked a 12-4 run to cut the Kearney lead to 67-55 with under a minute to play.
Woodlands, the Section 1 and regional champion, finished its season with a record if 14-11 and made a late run to the Section 1 and state regional titles, winning six straight playoff games after finishing the regular season at 8-10.
Kearney, from Rochester, advanced to Saturday's Class B championship game.
The Woodlands boys basketball team will try to win its Class B semifinal when it takes on Olean High School in Glens Falls Friday at 6:45 p.m.
- 1 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Yonkers Police Locate Woman In Possible Abduction
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors