WESTCHESTER, N.Y. – The National Weather Service has posted a winter storm watch for Westchester County and surrounding areas.
Snow will begin Friday morning after 3 a.m., and is expected to leave an accumulation of less than one inch. Snow will continue until around noon Friday, then turn to rain. Rain and snow could be heavy at times. New snow accumulations of 1 to 2 inches are predicted.
The rain/snow mix will become all snow Friday after 9 p.m., with an overnight low of around 23 degrees. Winds will be out of the north at 20 to 25 mph, with gusts up to 50 mph. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches is forecast.
On Saturday, snow is likely to continue, with areas of blowing snow before 9 a.m., then a chance of snow between 9 a.m. and noon. The high will be near 30 degrees, with a north wind of 20 to 23 mph and gusts up to 44 mph.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle Native Pleads Guilty For Role In Fatal Crash
- 5 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots