NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Winter storm Nemo hit the New Rochelle area Friday and, with the storm expected to carry over into Saturday, many key places in town are closing early.
The main library and the Huguenot Children’s Library closed at 1 p.m. Friday due to the weather. The Hugh Doyle Senior Center was closed as well.
The Ray Rice Victory Rally scheduled for Saturday was rescheduled for Saturday, March 2.
Schools within the City of New Rochelle School District were closed Friday. All school activities for Friday and Saturday are also canceled. Salesian High School, Ursuline School, New Rochelle Day Nursery School, Thorton-Donovan School, Blessed Sacrament, Trinity Cooperative Nursery, Weekday Nursery School and Holy Name of Jesus School were closed.
Iona College closed early Friday. Both the College of New Rochelle and Monroe canceled all afternoon, evening and Saturday classes.
The City of New Rochelle canceled television and monitor collection for Saturday in the north part of the city.
Stay with The New Rochelle Daily Voice for more storm related news.
- 1 New Rochelle Millennial Runs For Library Trustee Seat
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed