WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Saungi McCalla, director of infection control at White Plains Hospital, was recently given a leadership award by the National Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) for her achievements in developing members and advancing APIC during the annual conference in Anaheim, Calif.
McCalla is responsible for infection control and prevention at the 292-bed hospital, where she oversees many initiatives including hand hygiene compliance.
In the first quarter of 2014, the hospital had a hand hygiene compliance rate among employees and physicians of 100 percent due to rigorous efforts under McCalla’s leadership to re-educate staff about the importance of hand hygiene in the health care setting.
Visit wphospital.org to learn more.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 4 New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade’s New Grand Marshal Tops News Last Week
- 5 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year