NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- A book sale offered by the Friends of the New Rochelle Public Library and a day of tranquility at the Hugh A. Doyle Senior Center are some of the events planned for the weekend.
- The Friends of the New Rochelle Public Library holds the first day of their monthly book sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Customers can find a variety of books at bargain prices.
- A day of tranquility including facials, massages, manicures, yoga and lunch will be offered at the Hugh A. Doyle Senior Center. Cost is $5 for the special event.
- An exhibit at the Museum of Arts and Culture entitled: Musings: The Beginnings of an Epic: Paintings by Marie Hines Cowan opens this weekend. The opening is part of larger programming presented by the museum and the New Rochelle Public Library Ancient Greeks/Modern Lives Poetry Drama Dialogue.
- New York Universitys Aquila Theatre presents an Ancient Greeks/Modern Lives acting workshop at 5:30 p.m. in New Rochelle High Schools Linda Kelly Theater as part of overall art programming. A staged reading will be held at 7 p.m. This is presented by the theatre.
- The Friends of the New Rochelle Public Library holds their monthly book sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The New Rochelle Council on the Arts will honor founding member Thea Eichler with a special exhibition at the New Rochelle Public Library. An opening reception will be held Sunday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. and feature a range of artistic performances for members of the New Rochelle Council on the Arts as well as friends and family of Eichler. The performance takes place in the Ossie Davis Theater of the New Rochelle Public Library and will be followed by a reception at 5 p.m.; both are free and open to the public.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.